Basic Corrections Officer Course
The admission standards for BCOC for the Alamo Area Regional Law Enforcement Academy are as follows:
- Meet all minimum standards for Licensing as outlined in Section 217.1 (Jailer) of the Texas Administrative Code Title 37, Part 7.
- Achieve a passing overall score of 80% or greater on the approved Academy entrance exam.
- Demonstrate no history or indication of a pattern of behavior that is unethical, violent, or criminal in nature.
- Pass a background check in accordance to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Pass a physical examination and a drug screen (Completion of the L-2 Form from TCOLE).
- Pass a psychological evaluation (Completion of the L-3 Form from TCOLE).
Note: Applicants who currently are employed by a police agency, must provide a letter on agency letterhead from an authorized official indicating the applicant works for the agency and has met all the state minimum standards to be licensed, a copy of the TCOLE L-2 and L-3 form must be included.