Entrance/Written Exam Requirements
Please note that you MUST be the age of 21 by the date of graduation in order to be accepted into the Basic Peace Officer Course.
The first step is to take the entrance exam, check for available dates on our calendar here: Calendar. Applicants must bring copies of the following documents the day of the exam:
- High school diploma or GED and College Transcripts (unofficial are acceptable)
- Member 4 Form/DD214 (if applicant has prior military experience)
- Proof of auto liability insurance
- Proof of citizenship (i.e., birth certificate or naturalization certificate)
- Valid driver’s license
- Payment in the amount of $35 in form of Cash, Credit/Debit card, Money Order or Check is due at time of examination.
What Certifications Will I Receive?
The Basic Peace Officer Course provides you with certifications for the following courses:
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Krav Maga- Defensive Tactics Training
- Firearms Qualifications
- TCIC/NCIC Less Than Full Access
- National Academy of Police Driving
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
Our Academy is unique in that we provide certifications for the following courses in addition to the ones covered in the Basic Peace Officer Course:
- OC Spray (Pepper Spray)
- ASP Baton Certification
- TASER X26 User Certification
- RADAR/LIDAR Operator Certification
- Active Shooter
- Body Worn Cameras
- Resume Writing and Interviewing
Upcoming Basic Peace Officer Course (BPOC) Class Start Dates:
Full-time Day Classes: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m including two or three weekend training sessions during the course
2019 Bravo June 17, 2019- December 17, 2019
Orientation June 3, 2019
*Testing February 2019- May 2019- Testing is now over for this Class.
2019 Charlie September 30, 2019-April 14, 2020
Orientation September 16, 2019
*Testing June 18, 2019 -August 22, 2019