Identity theft and identity fraud are terms used to refer to all types of crime in which someone wrongfully obtains and uses another person’s personal data in some way that involves fraud or deception, typically for economic gain.
This course will:
- define and list the types of identity crimes;
- describe crimes associated with identity crimes;
- list personal and financial identifiers;
- cover current trends associated with identity crimes;
- show how identity crime is commonly perpetrated;
- introduce techniques used to procure false identification;
- the legal aspects of identity crimes and prosecuting identity crimes;
- governmental and business entities that are notified in identity crimes;
- techniques for educating victims and the public on identity crime;
- guidelines for personal protection against identity crime; and
- steps to take if identity crime occurs.
12625 Wetmore Rd, Suite 436
San Antonio, TX 78247